Thursday 30 November 2017

Halloween table runner

Pattern: none
Fabric: 1.5 yard 47" wide chevron print burlap
Haberdasheries: two tassels

Last year I started decorating our house with Halloween things I brought from my trip to the USA. I also bought some chevron print burlap there, and this year, I made a runner for our dining table.

I halved the burlap lengthwise, serged the two long strips together and ran the sides under my serger as well. I used to have lots of trouble with my serger, but I had it checked and oiled earlier this year, and since then it’s been running so smoothly! It had no problem whatsoever with this burlap, even using the same settings I do for knit fabric. After serging, I folded the sides over and stitched them down, and I hand sewed two black tassels onto the ends. VoilĂ !


No comments:

Post a Comment