Fabric: printed cotton, black cotton, cream cotton
Haberdasheries: 7 buttons, 4 black tassels
First: making cushion covers, making buttonholes on my own sewing machine, actually using the buttonhole foot!
Last month I visited my friend Nienke in the USA, and ended up buying lots of Halloween decoration materials. I also decided that I’d make some envelope cushion covers when I got home.
I bought the fabric for the first cushion cover specifically for that purpose, so I had enough for what I wanted to make, and decided to take it seriously and do French seams for a neat inside:
The second and third covers’ fabrics were gifts from Nienke/leftovers from her projects. I think they were fat quarters (weird name…) and this meant I had a bit too little fabric, so I couldn’t do French seams, and just made narrow regular seams and zigzagged them. I decided to add black tassels to the black cats one.
I like the black cats one so much I might actually leave it for the rest of the year as well!