Thursday 17 April 2014

Sew For Victory



I’m joining the Sew For Victory sew-along organised by Lucky Lucille! I was on holiday for the first two weeks of April, but there’s still time to make something 1940s-style this month, which is the goal of the sew-along.

In June, I will be going to Normandy for the commemoration of 70 years after D-Day. We will be wearing period clothing for four days, but as I’ve still only got the one outfit I made for my first WWII event (skirt, blouse, knickers and a knitted cardi and turban), I need to expand my wardrobe a bit! Which coincides nicely with this sew-along.

I want to make:
- A dress
- A jacket to match my skirt
- Another blouse
- A pin-stripe skirt
- Suspenders
- Two more pairs of knickers

I certainly won’t be making all of this before the end of April, but some of these should be manageable! My first project will be a dress:

No comments:

Post a Comment